What is a pico laser? There is little doubt that we live in a golden age of cosmetic procedures to help men and women look and feel younger.
Whether it is extensive non-invasive options and even many great more invasive options such as surgery, there seems to be an almost unlimited number of options to rejuvenate, renew and recreate.
If you are looking to enjoy younger-looking and softer skin, one route you may want to pursue is getting laser treatment on your face. With that being said, there are so many different types of laser treatments that aesthetics doctors use to help solve an extensive array of various issues related to skin.
In order to try to make your decision-making process a bit easier, we have decided to dive more deeply into one specific form of laser treatment. Medical professionals refer to this laser as pico.
But what is this technology, and what is it typically used for? Continue reading to find out! Hopefully, once you have concluded this breakdown, you will have a much better idea of whether or not this treatment is right for you!
What is pico laser treatment?
Pico laser is a non-surgical and non-invasive laser skin treatment. Medical professionals typically use pico laser to solve common skin issues. Primarily, pico lasers are most popular with people trying to rid themselves of sun damage and acne scars.
In fact, the technology related to pico laser treatment is amongst the most advanced forms of laser technology currently on the market. In addition, it is known for its relatively low downtime and recovery time and is well known for rendering lasting, positive results. Moreover, you can use pico lasers on the face as well as the rest of the body!
How does pico laser work?
Pico laser treatment makes rapid, effective, and precise treatment of pigmented skin, lesions, and tattoos to make skin appear healthy and youthful. Beyond that, much like other laser treatments, a pico laser helps the skin naturally produce collagen. Collagen production reduces wrinkles and lines while also making the skin more youthful.
Overall, the pico skin laser treatment works by sending ultra-short pulses of energy to targeted parts of the skin. The laser hitting the skin and breaking up the skin pigment or particles. As a result, your body can naturally replace old skin with healthier skin. One unique aspect of this popular laser technology is that there is no heat, unlike many other forms of laser skin treatment.
One remarkable aspect of pico laser treatment is that it is incredibly precise. Therefore, it allows the trained professional to achieve the ideal outcome by the end of the procedure. Moreover, there is rarely much pain or discomfort in the procedure. This is because there is no heat, and the downtime is typically relatively short. More often than not, people can return to their typical daily activities immediately following their procedure.
Pico resurfacing laser is used to treat basically all skin-related issues that can be solved using laser technology. However, the most common problems treated with pico laser technology specifically are scarring, tattoo removal, skin pigmentation, and discoloration.
What are the top benefits of pico laser treatment?
No matter what skin treatment you are thinking about using – whether it is pico laser, surgical treatment, or even just a typical facial – it is always wise to do a little bit of research on the benefits to make sure that it is the right choice for you.
When it comes to pico, specifically, there are a lot of great benefits that you should keep in mind! Here are the top benefits that set pico lasers apart from the pack.
- Pico laser technology and treatments are exact! Therefore, even though the risk is very low, any amount of risk will always be contained. For this reason, pico is amongst the safest and most popular laser treatments available on the market today.
- This popular laser treatment, unlike many other forms of laser treatments, requires zero downtime. At most, people who experience side effects will typically see some swelling and redness. Still, even that typically goes away within a matter of hours. For most instances, patients can immediately return to their daily activities once the treatment is over.
- Moreover, this treatment scores very low on the pain scale. While some patients may experience slight discomfort during the procedure, that pales compared to the pain felt after surgical improvements. When comparing to all other laser treatments, pico treatment is quite less painful.
- Another benefit of pico is that the number of sessions to render results is quite low. It is not at all uncommon for patients to need just one session of treatment.
- Pico resurfacing lasers also have very few – to absolutely no – side effects. Patients who elect to get pico skin laser treatment do not have to worry about damaging, burning, or scarring their skin. They also do not have to worry about uncomfortable skin conditions as a result of the treatment.
- Finally, pico takes a matter of minutes and is one of the fastest laser treatments on the market today. Treatments can take as little as five minutes to complete. However, the most prolonged sessions typically don’t last more than 30 minutes.
Now that you know the basic facts about pico laser treatment, you probably have a much better idea of whether this is the right treatment for you. If you do, there is very little doubt that you will be quite happy with the decision you’ve made now and in the future!