Does Laser Hair Removal Work?
Regardless of skin texture, tone, or skin color, unwanted body hair can be unsightly and a huge hassle. There are many different methods and services for removing unwanted body hair. Some of these include shaving, waxing, and laser hair removal. Shaving and waxing can be unpleasant, and to many, results do not last as long as the results you can achieve with laser hair removal technology. Regardless of the area, be it a full-body hair removal, or just the bikini area, you should be equipped with the best knowledge to make an educated decision.
Shaving Causes Ingrown Hairs!
While it is uncomfortable, it is one of the most commonly used methods at home. So if you must, here are some shaving tips:
1. Always use a sharp razor. If your razor blade feels rough on your skin or pulls at your body hair, it is time for a replacement. Dull razor blades can cause nicks, irritation, or razor burn.
2. Hydrate your skin with water before shaving. If your legs are not well-hydrated, the hair grows and will be more challenging to cut, and it may even dull your blade faster.
3. After soaking your legs, lather the shaving gel and smooth it evenly over your legs. This will help maintain moisture and help the razor blade glide smoothly across your skin.
4. Shave in long, steady strokes. You do not have to press hard against the skin when your razor is sharp! Instead, shave carefully around bony areas to avoid nicking yourself. Shaving with the grain is recommended to get a comfortable, close shave. Shaving against the grain results in a closer shave; however, it increases the risk of razor bumps and skin irritation.
5. Stop and rinse off your blade after every stroke to wash away shaving gel and body hair. This will help ensure that you don’t have anything blocking the blade and that you get a smooth shave!
Tweezing and Waxing?
Tweezing can be painful, but it can be a good option when you only have a few hairs to remove, like when reshaping your eyebrows or pulling out a few stray hairs on the face; however, it can cause ingrown hairs or scarring, so you should not use this method for large areas. Waxing can also be done at home. However, it can be messy and painful. It can leave hairs behind when they break off and, if the wax is too hot, may cause burns. Never wax if you use certain types of prescription acne creams or isotretinoin, as the wax can pull off your skin. Always discuss your medications with a board-certified doctor before any medical procedure.
Removing Hair with Laser
LHR uses a laser beam to destroy hair follicles, resulting in less hair, slower growth, and the thinking of remaining hair. It can be used on any part of the body with hair. In the past, Lasers used high energy levels that could easily damage the skin at the treatment site. Your providers at reputable medical clinics should use a top-of-the-line laser platform that removes hair comfortably. Advanced laser treatment devices apply gradual heat to destroy the hair follicles without damaging the skin. Most skilled medical professionals will use artful precision to target hair follicles, so they can ensure your treatment is safe and effective. Laser technology has advanced recently, usually alleviating the need for numbing cream to be applied to the treatment area. But if numbing cream is needed, it should be used at no extra cost. You can avoid the pain and tears that come with waxing by switching to laser hair removal.
Multiple Lasers & Other Factors
Highly skilled medical professionals will choose the most effective laser according to your hair type, color, and skin type. Typically, at least 6 sessions are recommended for each treatment area. You will notice hair in the treatment area becoming thinner and finer with each treatment. There is typically a 50% decrease in hair after 6 sessions. Men treating the beard area, teens, adults with imbalanced hormone levels, or individuals with dense, thick hair will require 10 or more treatments. If your body suffers from a hormone imbalance, you may need routine maintenance treatments, but we can always check your hormone level before recommending a solution.
Gradual & Consistent
If you get treatment before 4 weeks, you will not get faster or better results. If you want to save money and time while getting the best hair reduction results in the treatment areas, you should complete your treatment cycles before opting out and giving up. Lighter skin, darker skin, or suntanned and sun exposure-damaged skin can all be treated after you discuss your options with your trusted provider to help you choose the proper laser treatment.
To get rid of unwanted hair, you need a solid solution. Quality laser hair removal is not cheap, but it should not be expensive for the results it gives. If you live in Los Angeles, come visit us to see why people love their results and options here. Always come for a free consultation to learn all your options. Click to learn all about our Laser Hair Removal Services.
If you want treatment plans that can get solid results without breaking the bank, click to see Treatment Plans.
Read more like this: