Permanent Hair Removal; Is Laser Hair Removal the Answer?
Regardless of your skin texture, skin tone, or skin color, Unwanted body hair can be unsightly and a huge hassle! For you who live in Torrance, and South Bay Los Angeles, there are many different methods and services for removing unwanted body hair. Some of these include shaving, waxing, and laser hair removal. Shaving and waxing can be unpleasant, and to many, results do not last as long as what they may achieve with laser hair removal.
Regardless of the area, be it a Full Body Laser Hair Removal, or just the bikini area, we would love to inform you of the best knowledge so you can make an educated decision. Let’s get to it!
Shaving can result in ingrown hairs, nicks, irritation, or razor burns.
While it is uncomfortable, it is one of the most commonly used methods in the home. Here are some tips for shaving:
1. Always use a sharp razor. If your razor blade feels rough on your skin or pulls at your body hair, it is time for a replacement. Dull razor blades can cause nicks, irritation, or razor burn.
2. Hydrate your skin with water before shaving! If your legs are not well-hydrated, the hair grows and will be more difficult to cut, and it may even dull your blade faster.
3. After soaking your legs, lather shaving gel and smooth it evenly over your legs. This will help maintain moisture and help the razor blade glide smoothly across your skin.
4. Shave in long, steady strokes. When your razor is sharp, you do not have to press hard against the skin! Shave carefully around bony areas to avoid nicking yourself. Shaving with the grain is recommended to get a comfortable, close shave. Shaving against the grain results in a closer shave; however, it increases the risk of razor bumps and skin irritation.
5. Stop and rinse off your blade after every stroke to wash away shaving gel and body hair. This will help ensure that you don’t have anything blocking the blade and that you get a smooth shave!
Tweezing and waxing are other methods used to remove hair at home or at a salon.
Tweezing can be painful, but it can be a good option when you only have a few hairs to remove, like when reshaping your eyebrows or pulling out a few stray hairs on the face; however, it can cause ingrown hairs or scarring, so you should not use this method for large areas.
Waxing can also be done at home;
however, it can be messy and painful. It can leave hairs behind when they break off and, if the wax is too hot, may cause burns. Never wax if you use certain types of prescription acne creams or isotretinoin, as the wax can pull off your skin. Always discuss your medications with a board-certified doctor, like Dr. Matt Tahsini, prior to any medical procedure.
Laser hair removal works by using a laser to destroy hair follicles, resulting in less hair, slower hair growth, and thinning of remaining hair.
It can be used on any part of the body with hair. Lasers in the past used high levels of energy that could easily damage the skin at the treatment site. At Skin Works Medical Spa, we use a top-of-the-line laser platform that removes hair comfortably! Our laser treatments apply gradual heat to slowly destroy the hair follicles.
Our skilled medical professionals will use artful precision to target these hair follicles and ensure your treatment is safe and effective! Laser technology has advanced, usually alleviating the need for numbing cream to be applied to the treatment area. But if numbing cream is needed, it will be applied for you at no extra cost. You can avoid the pain and tears that come with waxing by switching to laser hair removal!
At Skin Works Medical Spa, our lasers are more effective at removing hair because we have multiple lasers to use for your treatment.
Our highly skilled medical professionals will choose the most effective laser according to your type of hair, the color of the hair, and your skin type. Typically, at least 6 sessions are recommended for each treatment area. With each treatment, you will notice hair in the treatment area becoming thinner and finer.
There is typically a 50% decrease in hair after 6 sessions. Men treating the beard area, teens, or adults with imbalanced hormone levels, or individuals with very dense, thick hair will require 10 or more treatments. If your body suffers from a hormone imbalance, you may require routine maintenance treatments, but we can always check your hormones level before recommending a solution.
Treatment is recommended every 4 to 6 weeks or every 8 to 10 weeks, depending on the area being treated.
If you get treatment prior to 4 weeks, you will not get faster, better results!
At Skin Works Medical Spa, we want you to save money and time while getting the best hair reduction results in the treated areas, using laser light or other possible methods.
Lighter skin, darker skin, or suntanned and sun exposure damaged? find your laser hair removal treatment options to remove unwanted hair today!
For permanent laser hair removal, knowing all the possible side effects, discuss your goals with a certified medical professional at Skin Works Medical Spa.
Get in touch and ask for a free consultation at Skin Works Medical Spa today!
Call (844) 759-6757 or Click to Schedule Your Visit